Staff and specialities
Professor: Hideto KOJIMA MD & PhD
Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
Senior Assistant Professor: Tadashi TAKEMOTO PhD
Molecular Genetics in Medicine
Outline of the department
The research program is directed towards exploring regenerative medicine and gene therapy for clinical application. The current projects focus on:
1) Development of gene therapeutic vector targeting specific organs.
2) Clinical application of somatic stem cells for chronic diseases.
3) Cure for diabetes mellitus by gene therapy.
4) Regeneration of pancreatic islets.
5) Bone marrow stem cell biology.