Staff and specialities
Professor: Minoru HORIE
Clinical Cardiovascular & Respiratory Medicine Associate Professor: Makoto ITO
Associate Professor: Takashi YAMAMOTO
Associate Professor: Yasutaka NAKANO
Senior Assistant Professor: Taisi NAGAO Respiratory Medicine Senior Assistant Professor: Takashi ASHIHARA Senior Assistant Professor: Hideki ITOH
Assistant Professor: Ichiro NAKAE
Assistant Professor: Tomoya OZAWA
Assistant Professor: Hiroshi SAKAI
Assistant Professor: Hiromi KIMURA
Assistant Professor: Tetsuhisa Hattori
Special Contract Assistant Professor: Seiko OHNO
Assistant Professor: Tetsuya OGUMA
Assistant Professor: Masafumi YAMAGUCHI Special Contract Assistant Professor: Masami ITO
Outline of the department
We have been focusing on studies of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, mainly characterized by:
1) Up-to-date treatment of coronary heart diseases, using the most advanced technology for percutaneous coronary intervention.
2) Non-invasive treatment of malignant arrhythmias, using RF catheter ablation and implantation of pacemakers and cardiac defibrillators (ICD).
3) Genetic diagnosis of hereditary arrhythmias causing the sudden arrhythmia death syndrome, such as long QT and Brugada syndromes.
4) Medical treatment of congestive heart failure, based on both clinical and experimental evidence, including the neurohumoral mechanism.
5) Both clinical and experimental study on regulation of the coronary circulation. Special interest is focused on the endothelial function and nitric oxide.
6) Epidemiological study on the mechanism of hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy using molecular genetic techniques.
7) The analysis of myocardial metabolism in various heart diseases, using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
8) Non-invasive diagnosis of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, using MDCT, echocardiography, SPECT and so on.
9) Computer-assisted analysis of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Clinical activities of the department cover all kind of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, including hypertension, general infectious and geriatric diseases, as well as emergency cases, in collaboration with ICU.