1. Those who are motivated to contribute to the progress and development of medicine and health care through scientific exploration in the fields of medicine, health care, life science, and medicine-related interdisciplinary fields.
2. Those who have international perspectives and a passion to play an active role in the world.
3. Those who have respect for life and high ethical standards.
4. Those who are motivated to play an active role as a leader to overcome diseases in a wide range of fields in industry-academia-government.
[Advanced Medical Science Course, Advanced Medicine for Clinicians Course, Interdisciplinary Medical Science and Innovation Course]
1. The Graduate School conducts a General Medicine and Life Science examination that separately tests students’ fundamental understanding and thinking abilities in the following areas: medicine, health care and life science, and medicine-related interdisciplinary areas.
2. We also conduct a foreign language examination (English) to measure students’ global sense and their ability to express themselves.
3. In addition to the two abovementioned examinations, candidate students must undergo an interview that confirms their passion for research, cooperative abilities, and high ethical standards.
[NCD Epidemiology Leader’s Course]
1. We conduct an essay examination to test applicants’basic knowledge about reducing the incidence of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD).
2. We conduct a foreign language examination (English) to measure students’ global sense and their ability to express themselves.
3. In addition to the two abovementioned examinations, candidate students must undergo an interview that confirms their passion for research, cooperative abilities, high ethical standards, and language ability.
4. We evaluate candidates by their submissions to confirm their passion for reducing the incidence of NCD in the world, doing research, and developing their language abilities.
- 1. By establishing four courses at our Graduate School, we provide students with an organically systematized interdisciplinary education as well as research opportunities offered by our entire teaching staff. In addition, multiple teachers shall be responsible for each student in our Graduate School.
- The Graduate School stipulates several required and elective subjects.
2-1. The Advanced General Medicine and Technical Seminar cultivates the expertise and research skills required to become a medical researcher.
2-2. Introduction to Epidemiology and Medical Statistics fosters the knowledge of epidemiology and statistics that is necessary to conduct medical research.
2-3. A seminar on the Integration of Fundamental Knowledge and Clinical Research cultivates students' knowledge and ways of thinking beyond the scope of fundamental and clinical studies.
2-4. Introduction to Ethics in Medicine and Life Science cultivates students' knowledge and standards in the fields of medical ethics, bioethics, and research ethics.
2-5. Elective Subjects foster students' ability to independently conduct research by utilizing their most advanced knowledge in their areas of specialization, and their research skills.
- Each course provides its own characteristic subjects as indicated below:
3-1. The Advanced Medical Science Course fosters students' ability to conduct independent research by providing them with opportunities to participate in advanced and unique research projects that involve fundamental research ethics and the most advanced research techniques.
3-2. Advanced Medicine for Clinicians Course fosters students' ability to play a leading role in medical settings by educating them on medical-related ethical and legal issues with a focus on clinical research. Additionally, it supports students in their training to qualify as specialized physicians by teaching the medical techniques that are necessary to serve as experts.
3-3. The Interdisciplinary Medical Science and Innovation Course fosters students' ability to play an important role in industry-academia collaboration by providing not only medical but also interdisciplinary knowledge, including engineering and physics, as well as practical research skills.
- The NCD Epidemiology Leader course covers epidemiology, clinical epidemiology, and public health, and fosters leaders in the world of industry-academia-government to play an active role in reducing the incidence of NCD.
To complete a doctoral program, students shall meet the following requirements:
- Acquire sufficient expertise and research skills as a medical researcher.
- Acquire sufficient knowledge and ethical awareness in the fields of medical ethics, bioethics,and research ethics.
- Acquire the ability to conduct independent research.
- In addition to the above, students shall acquire the following abilities and knowledge for each of the Courses listed below:
4-1. For the Advanced Medical Science Course, highly advanced knowledge and the ability to exert leadership in government, industry, and academic settings, including in international contexts.
4-2. For the Advanced Medicine for Clinicians Course, knowledge and medical skills required to serve as a specialist, and the ability to exert leadership in medical fields.
4-3. For the Interdisciplinary Medical Science and Innovation Course, interdisciplinary knowledge and research skills to integrate medical fields with other areas.
4-4. For the NCD Epidemic Leader Course, capability in researching about epidemiology and clinical epidemiology and being leaders in the world of industry-academia-government who play an active role in reducing the incidence of NCD.